Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 371

Workout efforts continue!

Today I did both yoga and Zumba.  It's an experience.  First off, Zumba is a blast but it will take some getting used to.  I'm doing this with John, which will strongly encourage me to actually keep up with it.  I felt like I was going to pass out about 2/3 of the way through the first DVD though... we'll have to work at that. On the other hand, if I keep this up I'll have my flat abs back in no time.

I tried a new area in the 'yoga matrix' today as well (after Zumba).  This brings me to week 6 of 8.  I tried the solar meditation (more action based than the lunar), the Chakra Namaskar, and the Savasana (which you're always supposed to finish with).  The Chakra Namaskar was a lot harder than I thought it would be, so not really one I wanted to do right after Zumba.  It goes through almost all areas of the body.  I failed at it a bit.  Oh well.  Next time.

Yoga also makes me realize another reason I want a house... more space for my yoga mat.  Seriously, the way we have things laid out now does not make for good yoga spacing/DVD watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment