Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 90

Posting again!  I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.  John and I spent the holiday with my family (my mom's parents, her brother and SIL and nephews, my parents and siblings).  During the meal John leaned over and goes "It's not the same."  I just responded "That's how I felt last year!"  It's one of the harder parts of being married... splitting the holidays between families.  But as long as I'm with my husband on those days, I'll make it work :)

So November (clearly) has not gone as well as I would have hoped as far as the list is concerned.  Ah, well.  I met with the client Kristi set me up with.  Although the contract will be signed with Glow, I've decided that if she does book, I'm counting it.  The meeting I had with the bride was just me and the bride, and it seems I'll be the DOC on my own (I'm not even sure if Kristi's doing full planning on this one).  I'm basically looking at it as a final exam... proving that I can do this on my own.

I also submitted my paperwork to fully contribute to my 401K today!  That will take effect on 1/1/11, so it's not crossed off yet.  My definition of 'full contribution' is to contribute the largest amount that my company will match.  John still needs to look into what his company does for 401K.  He's under the impression that they don't match, and if that's the case, then we're fufilled in this goal as of 1/1/11.

I do have a few definite goals that I'll be meeting in December, and a few I hope to meet.  On the list of definites:

84. Travel to Mexico.  Cancun-bound on December 11!!!

26. Get 4 digits in our savings account.  Technically we have this now, but I've also been saving for John's b-day gift in our savings account so a bunch of the money is coming back out.  Yeah, I'm slightly embarrassed by our lack of savings, but oh well.

14. Contribute to charity 2x/year.  This one won't be crossed off, as it's ongoing throughout the course of my 1001 days, but I typically do donations twice a year: after Christmas and after my birthday.  So December and June.

And hope springs eternal:

38.  Maybe being gone for a week will help us keep our place clean for a month.  Maybe.

56. Mail the Christmas cards before Christmas.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment