Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 284

It took a while for me to figure out what day I was on.  I suppose that's not a good sign for how well I've been blogging :)

The last few weeks have been more about getting back to where we were and planning then moving ahead, I suppose.  John got paid for the first time, and while his paychecks are significantly better than before, we're currently recovering from the short check/no check period while he was laid off.  Let me tell you though, that $500 bubble was a lifesaver.

We've also started talking very seriously about the vacation we plan to take next summer.  Like our trip to Cancun, I've been saving in small amounts every check and will continue to save into next year.  We really want to go back to Jamaica, and I've realized it will kill my goal to go to Puerto Rico.  I'm perfectly ok with that.  I think I wanted to go because well, it's a US territory (every time you look at travel sites there's the big "No passport necessary!!" note next to it) and I felt like it would be less expensive, so I should... I was kind of wrong haha.  I can't say for sure that I won't finish this goal in the next 2 years, but I'm not optimistic, and that's ok.

I had jury duty on Monday.  Actually, I got summoned for jury duty.  I didn't serve.  In fact, I didn't even get called up.  I just sat there for hours waiting to see if they'd call my name until they eventually just sent my group home.

I'm also now starting to count down the days till our B&B stay/my 25th birthday... it's right around the corner!  So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment