Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 121

Well, it's been a morning.  I'm sitting at home even though it's a work day, recovering.  This morning I got out of bed, tripped over the laundry basket, and fell nose first into the door frame.  It took over an hour for the bleeding to stop, yuck.  I'm pretty sure my nose isn't broken (it's still straight, and according to John it would hurt lower on the nose if it were broken) but now I have blood all over my pajamas, all over my bathroom sink, a scratched-up and swollen nose, and a cut toe.  Fantastic.

But moving on to the actual point of this post.

1.  We got a gift on Christmas that I forgot to mention, but will actually help me a lot with one of my goals.  A brand new wireless printer!  Why will this help?  It has a fax machine.  Goal 55, finish changing my name, has remained uncompleted in large part due to my lack of access to a good fax machine.  Basically, if a company required faxed notice that my name changed, they still are addressing me by my maiden name.  Yes, a year and a half later.  What can I say, I'm a bit lazy.  But not anymore!  Maybe this will be done by our second anniversary, haha.

2.  We also got Christmas money to buy ourselves some fun stuff.  So after I got the completely frivolous things I wanted (i.e. 3 bottles of OPI nail polish!) I started thinking about things I wanted that could help me finish my goals.  Yes, really.  Should I get Rosetta Stone (goal 12)?  What about saving the money to travel?  A cute duvet set (goal 44)?  A sewing machine?  Finally get my wedding gown cleaned, or put the money into my business?  Buy all released seasons of Bones (goal 95)?  All of these ended up being a no, because I ordered the only thing I got jealous over:  A Kindle!!!  My Kindle should be here between January 6-January 10, and I'm going to start off right away by ordering some classics.  Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice, Emma and Phantom of the Opera are on the top of my list.  Goal 2 will be done in no time!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go tend to my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment