Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 10

Random things you remember from high school: in Journalism 1, we were told that when writing an article, for the most part (I can't remember specific rules) you wrote out one through nine, and then did digits for 10 on.  I know there were cases to use digits for 1-9, listing was one of them, but I can't remember the rest.  Anyway, all that randomness to say I've hit day 10.

Last night I accomplished another goal.

58. Trevor and Darcy go on a walk and bark at no one, even though they see people.

58. Trevor and Darcy go on a walk and bark at no one, even though they see people.

Words cannot describe how happy I was about that one.  It's progress!  On our evening walk we saw:

1. A guy loading stuff into his car
2. A lady getting her mail
3. Someone riding a bike
4 & 5. A couple going to their car
6 & 7. Friends waiting near their car
8. Someone dumping their trash at the dumpster
9, 10, 11. People playing basketball on the basketball court
12. A guy walking to his car.

Twelve people, zero barks!  Not even a growl!  Throw in the fact that a neighbor's dog was barking at them from the window when we passed and they ignored it... I was one proud doggie mama last night.

We also moved ahead with decorating the apartment (goal 37), and bought this rug:

Only $65 from Costco (down from $80!), but the sale only goes until Sunday.  I'll be thrilled when it comes in and covers our ugly patio!

And after looking through this post, I've determined that I don't think ANY of the numbers rules stuck with me after I graduated from high school.  Sad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment