Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 17

Goal updates!  I'm now at 1/10 in goal 8 (compliment 10 strangers).  I saw a guy on the elevator this morning wearing a Redskins shirt, and I told him I liked it.  So one stranger down, 9 to go!  Incidentally, I'm really hoping we can pull victory off two weeks in a row, as my mother-in-law is taking me to the game Sunday!  INCREDIBLE seats, too.

And while I'm not ready to cross this goal off my list yet, number 59 has been accomplished!  Beginner obedience training through PetSmart goes for 8 weeks, and week 8 is largely just graduation and agility course fun.  Last night, we finished week 7.  Trevor and Darcy worked on a few intermediate level training areas, and did pretty well, actually.  I've seen such a huge difference since we started.  Darcy ignored the dog coming out of PetSmart when we went in for class, both dogs lay quietly on their blanket while the instructor was showing us how to groom our dogs, and they've stopped pulling on their leashes during walks.  I'm really proud of them, and I'm really proud of John and myself for being more vigilant in their training.

I'll actually be crossing goal 59 off the list after next week's class.  I want to have graduation pictures, and actually have the instructor tell me that my dogs are ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment