Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 131

I finished Emma.  I also finished Phantom of the Opera.  I love this goal.

Between Emma and Pride and Prejudice I think I preferred Pride and Prejudice, largely because I preferred Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy to Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightley.  Though it did take a while for me to stop picturing Miss Georgiana Darcy as a rolly-polly min pin mix with a Georgia peach strapped to her head.  I'll have more Austen to compare soon, because my next book on my list is Sense and Sensibility.

4/10.

I also complimented another stranger... engaged girls always love to hear about how lovely their engagement rings are :)  7/10

And while this isn't one of my goals per se, it makes me very hopeful: my quarterly 401K statement came in and I have gains!  Real gains!  The last time I got a statement I had gains on the quarter but they hadn't made up for the previous quarter's losses.  As of this statement, I have more money in my 401K than I put in.  This makes me pretty hopeful about what I'll see in a few days/weeks when our Roth quarterly statements come in.

On another close but no note, my puppies just lay very, very quietly, not begging, throughout the entirety of John's and my brunch (he made waffles, I made whipped cream).  Sadly, the goal was for dinner though, and they seem to behave differently during dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment