Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 147

After a day of unpleasant surprises (like running out of gas, hubby losing his house keys, hitting traffic from Hell) I actually had the very pleasant surprise of completing a goal!

64. Trevor and Darcy lie quietly, not begging, during dinner.
64. Trevor and Darcy lie quietly, not begging, during dinner.

I decided that as an "Thank you for saving me on the side of Fairfax County Parkway/I'm sorry I dragged you out" gesture I'd make dinner (more on that in a bit).  We were sitting at the table, eating, talking, then all the sudden I realize that I don't hear the dogs.  I look down and they're lying very quietly in between our chairs, not whining, not begging, nothing!  They stayed that way until we completely finished our meals, and it was a very pleasant, very welcome surprise.


On another note of pleasant welcomed surprises, a lady complemented me on my coat at Wegmans.  We got to chatting and it turns out she has a bunch of friends who need a wedding planner, and she took my card.  Yay unexpected networking!


Back to dinner: I made a twist on chicken and rice.  I put a cup of rice and a cup and a half of water (probably should have used 2 cups) into our rice cooker.  I then shook in paprika and chili powder (not sure how much, I freehanded it) and about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.  I cut up half an orange bell pepper into chunks, and put that into the rice cooker as well, then added an 8 oz can of drained peas.  I put that on to steam cook for 20 minutes.  In the meantime, I cut up 3 raw chicken strips into bite-sized pieces, rolled those in paprika and chili powder, and cooked them in olive oil on the stove.  The chicken finished at the same time as the rice, and I just mixed the chicken into the rice and served.  It served 2 and it was soooo good.

PS.  Hubby's house keys showed up this morning in the parking spot he was in yesterday.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment