Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 151

You know what's awesome and not at all overrated?  Vision.  I went to the optometrist today and remembered that there's nothing quite as good as having the right prescription for your contact lenses.  Ah, clarity.

I've been working on the Infinite Joy Weddings webpage.  I chose a host, and now I'm working on the content.  I thought it would be up in the next week, but then I hit a small snag.  The upgraded package I chose was either $50/year or $5/month.  The next package up was $100/year or $10/month.  I was going to go with the better package, since it included the domain name and a few custom email addresses.  Then I realized I only got that if I bought for a year, and since that would push things back, I opted for the monthly, smaller package.

That was when I thought buying the domain name was $20.  Haha, no.  After all the fun hidden fees, it was more like $43.  All the sudden, that upgraded 1 year package was awfully appealing.  So I'm saving my money, working on the website content, and upgrading next pay period.  Yay website.  I'm hoping to have it up and running by mid-February.

On the finances front, we made some good progress on paying off John's credit cards... between a lot of saving and using half of the insurance check on his cards, we've paid off his smallest card and took over half of the debt off of the second smallest.  We're feeling really good about this!  We're thinking the second smallest card, along with the card he pays on his exclusive account will be paid off before June, and then we'll focus on his bigger cards.  Yaaay for correcting stupid financial decisions!  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment