Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 134

Since I promised to follow up on this, I'll start with the great news that came in the mail today: we got a check from the travel insurance company!  We're reimbursed for the cost of the replacement flights, which were the more expensive of the two!  I'm so excited!  I'll need to call tomorrow and see if I should cancel my reimbursement claim from Air Mexicana... not that I ever expect to see it either way.

On a not so bright note, John and I got our Roth IRA statements in the mail the other day, and due to an annual fee we didn't know about, we're both $6 and change in the red on that account.  Grr.  Maybe April will be the month.

On the book front, I've finished 3 books (yes, a book a day!).  Sense and Sensibility was first.  It took a while for me to get into it, and I didn't like it as much as my other Austen books, but it wasn't bad.  Then I moved onto The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen and The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson, both Christian romances.  Both got a little... preachy might not be the right word, but it's close.  Still, I definitely preferred The Healer's Apprentice, because the Christian romance thing seemed to flow a lot better in there.  It was odd in The Apothecary's Daughter how it seemed to go between extremes... like 'She admired Francis' well-muscled body and full lips.  And wasn't he the first to kneel and pray for God's intervention for Sir Henry?' (Not a direct quote.)  At least with The Healer's Apprentice it flowed better... it was a loose re-telling of Sleeping Beauty, except instead of dragons there were demons, and instead of magic there was Jesus.  Neither of them were bad, though.

Anyway, 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment