Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 167

Happy Valentines Day!!  This weekend was a mix of good and bad.

The good:

-My amazing husband!  He got me a beautiful bouquet of roses and carnations for Valentines Day, and we went out to dinner at Melting Pot.  It was soooo good.  We split a bottle of Chardonnay, and had the cheddar fondue, then cooked our meat/shrimp in the Mojo cooking style, and finished with the Disaronno chocolate fondue for dessert.  So amazing.

-More good from my husband: he cleaned.  I don't know how I'd even exist without him.

-More good from our nice dinner: Waitress in a cute dress = another opportunity to compliment a stranger. 8/10!

-My cell phone, which has access to the internet.  Which leads us into...

The bad:

-Our internet went out Thursday.  John tried to fiddle with the router, nothing happened.  We didn't worry too much about it, and called Verizon on Friday.  Since our phone line was also down, they assumed that we were part of a regional blackout, and that our internet would be back up soon.  Haha. Yeah.  Sunday I called again, since our internet was still down.  Regional blackout was over, so they decided to send someone out, and told me it would be today (Monday).  So we leave for dinner on Sunday, and halfway to Melting Pot I get a call from the technician, who is at our apartment.  SERIOUSLY??  I told him we weren't expecting a tech until Monday, we're really sorry about not being there.  He tells me that he can't believe they told me Monday, the order he got says 'be there by 9:00 today.'  Um, the dispatcher told me by noon tomorrow.  So now they're *trying* to get us in today. Gaaaaaaaaah.

-This leads to an upsetting twist in the website.  I'd really hoped to work on it this weekend, and have it launched at 9:00 this morning.  Since our internet was out, no such luck, the page isn't ready.  I mean, I could announce it as is, but I'm not thrilled with it, and if I'm not thrilled with it, I don't want to show it off as a representation of my business.  So I'm hoping to get it launched this evening, but I'm not hopeful.

-Darcy destroyed more stuff.  Sigh.

I can only hope that Feb. part 2 will be better than Feb. part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment